Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcon Outdoor vs. Falcon Outdoor II

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Graphics2u, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Does anyone here have a Falcon Outdoor II? And how is it working for you?

I have a chance to buy a used one and I am currently using a Outdoor Jr. Just wondering if there are any particular issues I need to look for on the Falcon II. It has ben under a service contract with GEI since new so it's been serviced regularly by them. I think it has been used alot, It's coming from a fairly large printing company.

What kind of print speeds can I expect?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Tags:
  2. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Anybody have one?

Does anyone have a Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor?????

3. Urban Image

Urban Image Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I'm not sure how much you are considering paying but the ValueJet is the best series Mutoh has put out and is very affordable. I'd look for a good Mutoh certified service provider/dealer and go with that. The Falcon series was known for good print speeds but stubborn work ethics.

4. SwiSh

SwiSh Member

Mar 7, 2007
    I would agree with Urban Image. I've been running my company's Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor for almost a year now, and I've been pretty happy with it. Most problems have been rather easy fixes, but it is extremely picky when it comes to putting new and different materials in it. ie, heat settings, issues with banding and so on. But I am runnin' mine constantly on a daily basis from 9-5, and for the most part, it kicks butt. Plus the print speed is great, I would say.
    SwiSh

5. Matt Cuellar

Matt Cuellar Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    If you could spare the money, I'd look at the ValueJet also. It's much more user-friendly and "hands-off" than the Falcon II and it prints phenomenal. Mutoh has really revolutionized the eco-solvent market for the entry-mid level shop. Good luck!

Matt