• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor vs. Falcon Outdoor II

Graphics2u

Does anyone here have a Falcon Outdoor II? And how is it working for you?

I have a chance to buy a used one and I am currently using a Outdoor Jr. Just wondering if there are any particular issues I need to look for on the Falcon II. It has ben under a service contract with GEI since new so it's been serviced regularly by them. I think it has been used alot, It's coming from a fairly large printing company.

What kind of print speeds can I expect?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Urban Image

I'm not sure how much you are considering paying but the ValueJet is the best series Mutoh has put out and is very affordable. I'd look for a good Mutoh certified service provider/dealer and go with that. The Falcon series was known for good print speeds but stubborn work ethics.

SwiSh

I would agree with Urban Image. I've been running my company's Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor for almost a year now, and I've been pretty happy with it. Most problems have been rather easy fixes, but it is extremely picky when it comes to putting new and different materials in it. ie, heat settings, issues with banding and so on. But I am runnin' mine constantly on a daily basis from 9-5, and for the most part, it kicks butt. Plus the print speed is great, I would say.
SwiSh

Matt Cuellar

If you could spare the money, I'd look at the ValueJet also. It's much more user-friendly and "hands-off" than the Falcon II and it prints phenomenal. Mutoh has really revolutionized the eco-solvent market for the entry-mid level shop. Good luck!

Matt