• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon replaced maintenece station dampers pump no magenta

luggnut

i replace all these parts ... filled the dampers.. all colors are print except magenta. i've soak the heads for about 45 min per randya other post. with lint free rag and cleaning fluid. but its not coming back help

Jackpine

Check the magenta damper for air leak around the o-ring. No M in the nozzle check?
i replace all these parts ... filled the dampers.. all colors are print except magenta. i've soak the heads for about 45 min per randya other post. with lint free rag and cleaning fluid. but its not coming back help

D&Tgraphics

Once you replaced all those parts did you use a syringe to start getting the ink through the line? Try doing it at the dampers first then if you have to, do it on the line below the capping station, do it when the head is sealed up to the capping station. PM me if you want and I'll give my cell number. I might be able to help.

luggnut

yes i did use a syringe to pull ink ... started at the tubes from the pumps then realized several dampers were not filling... so i pulled it to the dampers. removed the hose from damper and pulled it.

so all dampers have ink about half full. if i pull from pump waste tube sides .. the blk and magenta are on the same tube, so i can't really tell if i'm pulling magenta. could it be a fuse? blk streaks sometimes on some test prints but no magenta at all?

If it were a fuse you would be missing 3 colors when you print a test strip.
Im not sure where to tell you to look from here. If the mag damper has ink in it.
Make sure that nothing is blocking or broken where the ink goes from the damper to the print head. From what I understand the little cone shaped thing on the print head that the damper sits on is very easy to break so check that also.

luggnut

nozzle check no mag and blk is gone now too have cyan yellow lt cyan and lt magenta .... i retightened the brass nuts over the o rings and some mag and blk are coming back

luggnut

alright checked the seal to the best of my knowledge but didn't seem to help... put in the old damper. pulled ink and cleaned got this first print in the pic with a streaky magenta.... pulled again it got worse pulled again... and then no magenta. after these prints i pulled ink and lost the cyan. its like it gets worse after i pull ink some of the time?

Attachments

• HPIM0914.jpg
    HPIM0914.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

luggnut

i'm going home!!! it looks like i can pull thru with the syringe because there is a stain of the magenta on the top of capping station pad. i also tried the soak thing and there was a magenta stain there as well on the rag. and with 1 hour soak rewetting rag every 15-20min it seemed to wick all the ink out of the dampers including the magenta. but when i nozzle check there are only a few lines of magenta if any and on test there is no magenta. its like its at the damper ...i can pull it and it wicks out in the soaking rag .. but the head won't fire it out?

luggnut

help

update i took a piece of tube and closed off the blk and cyan nipples .. and then pulled ink after the pump. pulled magenta a lot of it.... did a test print and the space for magenta still blank but print magenta instead of blk. did a cleaning and got all colors back but magenta? looked at top of capping station and it looks like its pulling all the colors including magenta. its just won't print magenta. the first pic is with the dampers off of the blk and cyan and the tube attached to the nipples on the head. the second is the capping station after pulling with the cyan and blk blocked... the 3rd is the first test after the magenta was pulled and the test print after one cleaning. the last is the capping station after a few cleanings ... it looks like its pulling all colors

Attachments

• HPIM0917.jpg
    HPIM0917.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 64
  • HPIM0918.jpg
    HPIM0918.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 54
  • HPIM0920.jpg
    HPIM0920.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM0921.jpg
    HPIM0921.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 55

Graphics2u

Is it possible that the head is bad? I don't know if just one color can go out on a head like that. Maybe someone else knows.

Bradster941

MacDaddy, doesn't the damper in his picture look too full?

Lug, I had that problem a few weeks back, I found the damper wasn't 100% seated on the print head nipple. You might try pulling it off for a minute and see if it drips any ink. If it does, then I think it is a air leak in the line somewhere.

If not, reinstall it, do a ink fill, and let it set a 1/2 hour before trying to print.

attachment.php

luggnut

bradster... where would i look for the ink drip? out og the bottom of the head? or the magenta feed line?

luggnut

on an nozzle check after cleaning i have all back except for a few magenta nozzles.... but every nozzle check its different ones that are missing from the magenta? like some are good one minute bad the next....

Bradster941

bradster... where would i look for the ink drip? out og the bottom of the head? or the magenta feed line?

on an nozzle check after cleaning i have all back except for a few magenta nozzles.... but every nozzle check its different ones that are missing from the magenta? like some are good one minute bad the next....

I'm thinking if you lift the damper, and it drips from the bottom of the damper that plugs onto the print head, then you are losing your vacuum, thus a air leak in the line.

Given your second post above, I'm really thinking this is the case, but could be wrong.

I think you are not getting much ink from the damper to the print head because you are sucking air.

Did you pull the damper off and reseat it?

Post up a pic of the nozzel checks that keep changing.

luggnut

hey brad i took the magenta damper loose and no drips yet.... how long should i wait? only been about 15 mins right now