• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fall out from Japan?

skdave

Fall out from Japan?

What are the chances of fall out coming to the USA if those power plants blow up in Japan?

Where can we check out the jet stream from Japan?

Is our government plannig NOW for the What IF"S??

EddieHollywood

Fall out from Japan?

i was thinking this would be a topic on will all the printers and media start sky rocketing as so many things are made in that area and they will not be made for what looks like a long time now.

phototec

Yeppers

Fall out from Japan?

i was thinking this would be a topic on will all the printers and media start sky rocketing as so many things are made in that area and they will not be made for what looks like a long time now.

Yep, better stock up on print heads while you can...

Firefox

Just ordered a Nissan, a model still made there, expected delivery is May... Doesn't say what year!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Radiation Poisoning

Main article: Radiation poisoning
To gauge biological effects the dose in rads is multiplied by a 'quality factor' which is dependent on the type of ionizing radiation. The modified dose is now measured in rems (roentgen equivalent mammal, or man)[4]. The number of rems is equal to Q times the number of rads, where Q is the quality factor. Q varies between 1 and 20, but is typically 1 for x-rays and gamma rays and 10 for neutrons. A dose of under 100 rems is subclinical and will produce nothing other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rems will cause illness but will rarely be fatal. Doses of 200 to 1000 rems will likely cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Doses of more than 1000 rems are almost invariably fatal[5].

Mason

If they start distributing Iodine pills, then you know we are screwed... Of course here on the east coast maybe not so much.....

Si Allen

Just think of the energy savings!

When everyone and every thing starts to glow ... we won't have to turn on the lights at nite!

:omg2:

CheapVehicleWrap

If they start distributing Iodine pills, then you know we are screwed... Of course here on the east coast maybe not so much.....

Yeah like that would ever happen.

I was pleased to hear I'm 9 miles from NYC and with the right wind would have an 80% chance of survival if NYC were bombed. Just a bit closer and you'd have less than 20%.

mikey-Oh

I did a search on that map link and it has been dismissed as a hoax,...

Was wondering about that. Photobucket's not a very creditable source and I couldn't find out too much about the Australian Radiation Services.
What are some good debunking methods?