• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fast Signs .com on Fox News

skdave

This sign company has advertised for the last 2 nights on the Factor on Fox News. Wonder how that worked for them?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
must be nice to be a franchise composed of d-bags. (not all of them, but most) ... one around here had to move locations because he kept getting locked out of his shop for non-payment of his lease and was asking other sign shops to buy a foot or two of basic colors like black, red and white.

skdave

I did not know they were Franchises. That clears it up. They really are fishing for new suckers.

WildWestDesigns

There is one right next to a mexican place that I like to eat at quite a bit. Never went in there though. Anything that I can't do, I try y'all here first, so I just never bothered.

It always seems quite everytime I walk by though. Now the Sign-A-Rama by my bank, that always seems like it's hopping with customers.

OldPaint

most "franchise" sign shops......are owned by people who NEVER MADE A SIGN, TOOK AN ART CLASS, or picked up a brush!!!! most are people with some "expendable income" and want to open a business. FAST SIGN, SIGNS BY TOMARROW, SIGNS IN ONE DAY, SIGNS NOW, SIGN A RAMA, pick one..all about the same. this is a new FRANCHISE sign company i developed years ago.....hehehehehehehe

Attachments

• PSHCHIC.jpg
    PSHCHIC.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 95

Kottwitz-Graphics

most "franchise" sign shops......are owned by people who NEVER MADE A SIGN, TOOK AN ART CLASS, or picked up a brush!!!! most are people with some "expendable income" and want to open a business. FAST SIGN, SIGNS BY TOMARROW, SIGNS IN ONE DAY, SIGNS NOW, SIGN A RAMA, pick one..all about the same. this is a new FRANCHISE sign company i developed years ago.....hehehehehehehe

Yep... After I left Mississippi, I got a job at a signs now in atlanta, and all I gotta say is wow... The guy that "owned" it went to all the classes that they company gives you to learn to run it, and his wife tried to run the production part... They were clueless.

I walked in knowing how to to more than they did... While there I started doing dimensional stuff and electrical, and they were clueless...

dejoh

I used to do alot of vehicle installs for a Signs Now before they
went out of business.
Thier designs and layouts would bring tears to my eyes.:banghead:

WildWestDesigns

Yep... After I left Mississippi, I got a job at a signs now in atlanta, and all I gotta say is wow... The guy that "owned" it went to all the classes that they company gives you to learn to run it, and his wife tried to run the production part... They were clueless.

I walked in knowing how to to more than they did... While there I started doing dimensional stuff and electrical, and they were clueless...

Quite a few local embroidery franchises are like that as well. Don't know to use different size needles for different fabrics or to use different density stitches etc.

Tifosi

Really I think it just boils down to the employees. The owner of the store doesn't need to be an expert sign maker, they just need to know how to run a business. It is up to the owner to staff the sign shop with knowledgeable people to do the job. Hiring a real graphic designer is important, having installers that know how to use a level and a tape measure and know when to ignore one and use the other(that is in reference to some people I know and have worked with that would use a level on vehicle graphic while the car was sitting on a hill). A good shop of any kind is built around a team.

FS-Keith

Really I think it just boils down to the employees. The owner of the store doesn't need to be an expert sign maker, they just need to know how to run a business. It is up to the owner to staff the sign shop with knowledgeable people to do the job. Hiring a real graphic designer is important, having installers that know how to use a level and a tape measure and know when to ignore one and use the other(that is in reference to some people I know and have worked with that would use a level on vehicle graphic while the car was sitting on a hill). A good shop of any kind is built around a team.

:goodpost:

OldPaint

all well and good.......BUT why not pick some other business like a burger joint? anyone can cook a burger))))))))))
owning a sign co, aint the same. or a plumbing or a/c heating co. why people get into businesses they know nothing about only to hire people who knows more then the owner........then why is the owner here???

CES020

all well and good.......BUT why not pick some other business like a burger joint? anyone can cook a burger))))))))))
owning a sign co, aint the same. or a plumbing or a/c heating co. why people get into businesses they know nothing about only to hire people who knows more then the owner........then why is the owner here???

Probably because being able to make a sign, paint a sign, or design a sign isn't enough to run a business. I know a lot of people that are talented in many different areas. I know know talented electricians that wouldn't be able to run an electrical company with a dozen trucks. I know people that are good HVAC people but can't run a business. There are so many people out there that aren't qualified to run their own business.

Being able to do a craft doesn't make you capable of running a business.

The people that run the most successful businesses in the world didn't come from the businesses they run.

A good businessman can run any business. A good trade worker can't necessarily run their own business.

qmr55

Probably because being able to make a sign, paint a sign, or design a sign isn't enough to run a business. I know a lot of people that are talented in many different areas. I know know talented electricians that wouldn't be able to run an electrical company with a dozen trucks. I know people that are good HVAC people but can't run a business. There are so many people out there that aren't qualified to run their own business.

The people that run the most successful businesses in the world didn't come from the businesses they run.

A good businessman can run any business. A good trade worker can't necessarily run their own business.

:goodpost:

WildWestDesigns

I agree.

A good business owner will known when to let capable people to handle certain areas handle those areas. Think about restaurants, owners may not know how to cook a meal to save their life, that's why the hire chefs, to handle that while the owners handle front of house (or whatever).

boxerbay

+10 :goodpost: