• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FastTrac Growth Venture...Class Dismissed.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Well, class is finally over and the business plan is 90% complete. A few more days should have my financials in order and life will resume back to some normalcy. A last minute acquisition of my customer’s clients snarled my attempts to get things 100% finished and I learned that when business needs to get done, the planning needs to take a back seat until the dust settles.

In week 5 we went over Operation Plans…the details of “how” and “why” we do what we do. It was one of the most insightful and beneficial topics of the course.

But today was graduation day. Each participant received their certificates of completion and then we went out to a Mexican restaurant and had our own little fiesta to celebrate our accomplishments.

If I had to boil down the entire six-week course into one word, it would be the word “Observation”.

I once heard about a science professor who handed each student a cold, dead fish on a tray. Their assignment was to list as many features about the fish, only through visual observation.

The first few days, the obvious anatomical parts made the top of the list, but as the course continued the students began to notice things that they hadn’t seen the day before. And by the end of the assignment, their papers were full of notes as their abilities to look past the obvious were sharpened.

That’s the way it was with our FastTrac course. Each participant scrutinized the obvious to get to the underlying issues and needs of their businesses, and we all came away with a much better understanding of the real picture. It was well worth my time and money, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

I’m looking forward to a long holiday weekend so I can finally decompress. I trust everybody has a safe and enjoyable Independence Day.

JB