• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fat Freddie

3dsignco

Here are some In Progress Photos of Fat freddie for a Sanfords we are working on. Kinda a Step by Step.. We will be submitting this to one of the Magazines once its all Complete in January.. This is just 1 part of a whole restraunt Project we are working on.

First we made a Clay Mock up.
attachment.php

Then we made a Mold and Cast him up in Resin.. This was a Quick Painted version we made.

attachment.php

Then we Scanned him into the Computer. An routed him out in Layers

attachment.php

The cutouts are for a steel frame so we can attache everything together and a stiffener.
attachment.php

The Background that will have brushe aluminum Outline and this hold the whole sign together.

attachment.php

The Burger roughed in.
attachment.php

Shaping in and epoxy together.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Adjusted.jpg
    Adjusted.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Background.jpg
    Background.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Burger.jpg
    Burger.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Earth.jpg
    Earth.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Foam Freddie.jpg
    Foam Freddie.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 249
  • goomer-in-clay.jpg
    goomer-in-clay.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Assembled.jpg
    Assembled.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 253

3dsignco

This is a rendering of what the final Sign will look like. The Grub and pub is Gold leafand the lettering will be inlayed Plex into HDU and fit to the radius of the globe.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rendered Sign.jpg
    Rendered Sign.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 250

Idea Design

That's so cool. We live in Gillette, WY where we have the only restaurant that's part of the Sanford's franchise that's not called Sanford's.

The high school mascot here is the Camel. The camel's name is Humphrey. Therefore, instead of Sanford's, we have Humphrey's. Crazy for high school athletics much?

Kinda sucks though, it caught on fire here a few months ago and they've had some problems with the insurance, so they've just now begun the rebuilding stages.

3dsignco

Thanks Everyone this has been a Great Project for us.

Mad Dog, Funny you mention Humphreys.. When we are done with the Sanfords in Casper we are going to be starting the Remodel on Humphreys in Gillette..(When we get there I'll get your address and stop by.) We are currently working on the Mock up now for the new Camel. They originally wanted a realistic Camel Like the Bronze you have at the school but then decided to go more Cartoonish. (P.S. Send me a Email. We may need someone to Install some work for us there on some other projects in Gillette if you have the equipment)

Javilla,
Currently I am using an old PICZA Probe Scanner. But I will be ordering a New NEXTGEN 3D Laser scanner in January (Don't need anymore Tax writes offs this year) as the Picza takes too long to scan..(Litteraly Days) That will give us a Full 3D Model that we can work from instead of the 2 1/2 now. Should save us time on the Shaping.
I have also developed/Designed a new 4 axis Router for the shop that I will be building next year some time that will allow us to Machine Full 4x4x8 ft blocks all at one time. (Before signs I wasted my college on Electro/Mechanical Design (Robotics))