• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fathead, any new info?

Tony Rome

OK so I posted about this a few years back and just wondering if there have been any changes.
I searched the forum but was wondering are there any updates, anything new that has come out?

I am looking for the closest material to Fathead.

I tried Orajet 3268 think it is not too bad, the only other thing that seemed like competition is the PhotoTex.
I am not sure what the big difference is although PhotoTex says it is "fabric paper" not sure what that really means.

Also, why is it recommended to use a bleed with the Orajet, does the ink on the edges really make it more probable to peel?
Do you use a laminate?

I just need something that doesn't peel off the wall and doesn't peel paint off the wall when moving/removing.

Thanks!

SignManiac

Photo tex has a heavy wall paper feel to it. Sticks nice and prints well. Not cheapest but you know the old saying, you get what you pay for.

rfulford

These are all similar....

Phototex (Fabric)
General Formulations Graphitex (Fabric)
Mac Tac Wall Noodle (Vinyl)
Lexjet Wall and Window Decor (Vinyl)

Tony Rome

So...if you have used any of these do you know what is closest to the actual Fathead?
I never felt a fathead, lol...OK feel free to enjoy that for a while.
But seriously what is the closest, is it more vinyl or fabric, and does anyone dislike the Orajet 3268?

Tony Rome

I just ordered Jarhead since I can get a small roll for under $60 I will check it out and let you know.

For those that use Jarhead, do you always laminate?
Thanks

klingsdesigns

JARHEAD!!! JUNK!!!! you have to have white outline and it doesnt stay on wall. Takes paint off also. I have 3/4 roll that i am debating on throwing!

mopar691

In my opinion, use phototex. But I have no idea what fathead is and frankly do not care. Phototex works for what I have used it for and has never let me down. I have a piece printed and contour cut almost life size in my shop that has been on about every wall here including the windows and bricks outside. Right now he is hanging on my front door greeting customers. Still sticks great and removes flawlessly.