• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fathead

"Deposit Please"

Phototex. it's slightly transparent, but prints still look great on there. Easy to apply for someone who has never done it before & just peel right off and reuse. Stuff is wrinkle free. Great for wall decals, but wouldn't recommend to use as wallpaper.

DucatiDave

I used what I think was called "Jarhead" and it started to lift and curl off the wall when we printed to the edge...not FUN. We left a .5" border around an image and it started to come off the wall on the next project...I would not suggest using this brand. I'm going to try other brands as well, so I'm interested to see what people post.

TheSnowman

We do PhotoTex all the time. Use the profile for Oracal 3640 in Uni-Directional mode. If you cut it, cut as slow as you possibly can.

ZsVinylInc

Yes you can cut Photo Tex. One thing I noticed while doing sample tests with it is if you can do rounded corners as much as possible on your cut path it works best. I couldn't get it to cut all the way on hard point corners. It would leave a strand or two still not cut. Hope this helps.

Steve Werner

General Formulations makes a material called " WallMark" which works well. You could also look at SeraMark, it's an inkjet printable fabric with long term removable adhesive similar to PhotoTex. It meets or exceeds all CSA requirements and should be a little more opaque than PhotoTex.

Mike_Koval

Seramark meets all CPSIA requirements and is 100% phthalate free. Opacity and white point far exceeds that of phototex as well. This material can be print and cut with no bleed required.

If you are looking for a vinyl based wall graphic, look at the GMI product.

samples available on request.

jimbug72

+1 for GMI product

Prints and cuts nicely. We've done contour cut borderless prints (waiting a full 24 hours between print/cut) with no lifting or curling issues thus far. We've only used it on white & off white walls so far, so I can't comment objectively on opacity.

signswi

Seramark meets all CPSIA requirements and is 100% phthalate free. Opacity and white point far exceeds that of phototex as well. This material can be print and cut with no bleed required.

Good to know, I've been looking for a phthalate free solution for a personal project, thanks!

Signmart

We use Phototex for every wall graphic we do and it's by far the best material I have found for this. I'd never by Jarhead again. even with the recommended bleed and wait time it never stayed on a flat finish wall.

Rojo

I use Phototex. I wish it had a little sheen to it. Contour cuts as stated above with a strand or two in sharp corners. Easily cut off with a blade.
I tried a sample of Seramark. Printed well, looked great. I applied it to stained & varnished coffee table leg. When I pulled it off 2 days later it left a sticky adhesive film behind. Used Goof Off plastic to get it off. Not good. Not sure if it would do that to a painted sheet rock wall but if it did getting the adhesive off would be a nightmare. Just one man's experience, your results may differ. Back to Phototex. Too bad cause Seramark is a nice looking product.

Mike_Koval

My guess is that you had an earlier version of the Seramark product. A few months back Seramark had some issues of a residue being left behind. The problem was noticed and has been solved.

Since our launch of the product we have had no issues with the residue being left behind. I would be more that happy to send along any samples for testing.

If any one is interested let me know. Thanks!

trik

Photo Tex is definitely good!!! we actually have laminated it with frog juice and with a 8519 cold lam. Both worked well, you do need to make sure it drys for 24 hours before the frog juice.

Mike sent you an email about Seramark.

Good luck!