• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faulty HeadBoard?

tigerwoodz

View As Web Page Hi guys

I am in desperate need.

I have had the original head board for ten years. Fuses have been replaced numerous times. The last time the cyan/black fuse blew I changed the transistor and the fuse but it still didnt work. Y/M, Lc/Lm printed fine.

I replaced the head board along with all the head cables. Now the test print for magenta is only half a head and it leaves a blurry line next to the purge sponge.
When printing yellow overspray from star to finish.

I have contacted the company who supplied the board. They are unsure that it is theboard that is faulty, after reinstalling the old one, with M/Y working fine I can only see it being the head board.

Apologies for the essay, I would be very grateful for any help or advise

Many Thanks Stephen

Attachments

• new headboard.jpg
    new headboard.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 105
  • old headboard.jpg
    old headboard.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 95
  • new headboard2.jpg
    new headboard2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 107
  • new headboard3.jpg
    new headboard3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 93

DRW

What machine do you have? In the first pic, the magenta in B may indicate a clogged damper. I've had that happen before on a vp-540. Do you have the correct cables in their correct slots?

tigerwoodz

The machine is an sj740 - it is approx 10/11 years old, I am currently in the process of refurbishing it

When I reinstalled the old headboard the magenta worked fine

I have changed all manifolds, dampers, caps, head cables, carriage board, head board cables.

The new board has a test date 26.12.12, is it likely to be faulty?