• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

favorite wrap vinyl

IGD

Ok guys I'm gonna be doing my first full wrap on one of my personal cars, its a 4door infinit g35, door jams and all, not sure what color yet, question is what is your favorite brand to use and easiest to apply and what are your horror stories with certain colors/ brands ect..

Cale Frederick

Are you printing or doing a paint(color change) wrap? We have only done printed wraps here... Avery seems to work the best for me. Low tack when you need it and stays put after you squeegee it. I used 180cv3 when I first started doing wraps and always had trouble with it. Swapped to Avery's Supercast and things got way better. I thought maybe it was me getting better until one day the Avery ran out and I had to use 180 to do the last panel on a van. That is the only panel that ever has any issues. The rest of the van is flawless 2 and a half years later. Door jams sound a bit crazy, but hey... that's one fast way to learn curves!

IGD

Are you printing or doing a paint(color change) wrap? We have only done printed wraps here... Avery seems to work the best for me. Low tack when you need it and stays put after you squeegee it. I used 180cv3 when I first started doing wraps and always had trouble with it. Swapped to Avery's Supercast and things got way better. I thought maybe it was me getting better until one day the Avery ran out and I had to use 180 to do the last panel on a van. That is the only panel that ever has any issues. The rest of the van is flawless 2 and a half years later. Door jams sound a bit crazy, but hey... that's one fast way to learn curves!

Color change, and yeah I'm gonna take my time it can be Down for how ever long, I'm just gonna take my time and do it right

omaan

Good to hear so!!
Are you going to paint it yourself? or trying to print it?
Anyways post pictures of your final wrap of car...
Looking forward to see it!!

brian_fellers

Ok guys I'm gonna be doing my first full wrap on one of my personal cars, its a 4door infinit g35, door jams and all, not sure what color yet, question is what is your favorite brand to use and easiest to apply and what are your horror stories with certain colors/ brands ect..

For color change wraps, Oracal 970RA and 3M1080 are the most popular. Both are similar in specs, 1080 is 3.5mil, and 970RA is 4mil.

I hear great feedback from customers on both materials, so it's probably just a matter of preference, and what works best for you.

HulkSmash

If you're new oracal prob won't be for you. We love oracal but, not so much for color change. Avery has the best color wrap material on the market in my opinion. Their matte black is far superior to most. Oracal is more glossy, and 3M is like... brown.

also it's the easiest to install, and most forgiving.

IGD

Just out of curiosity? What color. Is the car and what color are you going to?

The car is silver and I'm not sure what color yet, I was thinking of doing something pretty crazy, cause ill be making a video from start to finish for customers, the full carbon fiber wrap caught my attention, I've seen a mercedes done in it and its a head turner.

IGD

I was looking into the metro restyleing brand for the carbon fiber, and if I go to just a regular color ill probably use Avery

rjssigns

3M's Carbon will stretch, but you have to be careful where and how you trim. On complex shapes you may get a whisker of shrinking.

IGD

yea but ive heard the 3m carbon fiber was made for more indoor and not as flexible as the metro restyling m600 3d carbon fiber

msheurs

3M di-noc is more for interior. the 1080 is designed for outdoor but doesnt last as long as the other 1080 line

IGD

im actually about to order some to cover someones hood I need to know what carbon vinyl I should order asap

Haakon

whats the other 1080 line?

I think he meant regular colours in the 1080 line, not the textured line (carbon, brushed steel etc).

Just order the 1080 carbon, its easy to work with and looks great. Have used it several times.