• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fax or No Fax

Mosh

I have not had a Fax for over ten years. I used to have a dedicated line and got lot of faxes...back in the 90's. About once a year I get a customer who can't believe I don't have a fax. I tell them I don't have a telegraph either...some of them get it.

Anyways...how many of you still use a fax and how much if so.

JBusch260

My messenger pigeon took the day off, look for the smoke signals.

We have a fax machine here. They are handy if you need to fax something to someone that still uses fax machines because of some sort of protocol. Most often, email suffices just fine, 95% of our time.

No fax machine. I just threw out 2 of them I had collecting dust for the past 8 years. For the once or twice a year someone wants me to send or receive a fax, I do it through my laptop.

TXFB.INS

we stitched to a VOIP and they had a fax line in the package. sure is nice to screen the faxes before wasting the toner/paper

Steve C.

We still use a fax to send invoices. One customer insists that he send drawing of the signs he
wants. No dedicated line. Do you have a printer? When we shopped for printers we found it
hard not to find one that was fax, printer, scanner, copier all in one.

Hicalibersigns

We have customers that insist on faxing stuff. We don't have a machine. We use Unifax. They arrive via email and we send them the same way. No paper to keep up with, but we always have a copy.

Z SIGNS

What's a fax machine ?
Had a customer ask me to fax something.I told them We don't do faxes.
She told me I should get with times.I just smiled and told her were still old fashioned.

Baz

I still receive allot of purhase orders by fax ... Also, some government agencies and corporations won't accept e-mail as proof of receipt but they will accept a faxed copy :help

I'm still keeping it for the near future.

DesireeM

We only use our fax machine to send files between our internal group of companies because it's fast. All our employees fax their time sheets to our "head office" at the end of the day and since none of our shop guys have email addresses(or computer skills) they just walk over to the fax and scan it through. Same if I need an old invoice or purchase order from our head office I just call, ask and they fax it over because it's faster than scanning-emailing.

We have a lot of paper work involved in our work flow and although we keep digital records of everything we also have paper "backups" readily available. I'd hate to use it for customer correspondence though. Email all the way for that. I specifically ask for approvals of quotes and design via email. That way it's archived AND searchable.

graphicwarning

I use a VOIP service as well for my toll-free, that included a fax service in the package. I have never once used the fax for myself... but I do receive lots of spam faxes, so it's great that I can just hit delete.

gabagoo

I still get p.o.'s faxed to me although I would say the machine works maybe once a week. makes a good photo copier too (Canon laser)

ddubia

Once a month or less we send or receive a fax. No dedicated line.

We do have two customers and one vendor who want to do all correspondence through faxes. They rarely send us work but when they do it's loads of it so I think we keep the fax for those few instances.

I like doing everything through email and try to steer things that direction.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have several faxes here at the shop and two at the office and while they get used on a daily basis, it's not our only contact with the outside world. We don't use telegraph either, but then I don't know Morse Code. We still have just about all the basic and essential tools to make our system work on anyone's level. It's not always about needing it to keep the business sleak and neat, but we want to be available to everyone. We still use pencils crayons for some clients and speed-ball mock ups.

To me, a question like this.... and instantly making fun of it just does not compute. Everything is relative and depends on how you want to be viewed or thought of by all potential clients. We have surveillance systems. We have fire alarms and smoke detectors. We have annual fire extinguisher inspections. We have every necessary license to be in business. We have just about every type of insurance to cover us, our customers and potential walking accidents outside on the pavement or driveways. We have a lawn service and a snow removal service. We have a cleaning service. We have people we can call for maintenance.... on or about the building, not our own equipment. We try to have all the bases covered, so we can use our time on what we do best..... signs.

Wanna complain about using telegraph ?? Why not pick on those people wearing ear devices for telephones and talking into the air. That stuff just makes me laugh in their face. Are you driving an electric car ?? Are you up to date on each and every thing on the market ?? Why pick on faxes...... what's wrong with having outdated or pirated software..... or just burrowing your neighbor's shovel to go put a sign in the ground ??

Yep, there's technology..... and then there are whiners. Nothing in particular, just wanna hear themselves yap......................... :Oops: