• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB 950 Problem Help!

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
The printer was working fine and then... This error appears and the media belt stoped working! I allready replaced the high definition encoder but it doesn't solv the problem. The media belt motor was tested out of the printer and it works fine.
I performed a measurement of continuity in the wires and everything was all fine...
Has anyone had a problem like this?

I suspect the I/O board or motor controller board...

IMG_20140414_184110.jpg

signsthrowaway

I am not 100% certain this will pertain to this printer specifically, however...

I work with the FB700, and I had a similar error to this. The carriage belt motor's shaft's set screw came loose, and thus the carriage wouldn't move at all. I was told by an HP rep that inside of the shaft, there is a notch that is supposed to catch and keep the belt moving. He said that it had probably worn out, and to adjust the set screw, then recommended buying a new one.

Since I've set the screw tighter I haven't had any more issues.

Maybe this helps, maybe it wont.

Good Luck!

wunder

thats the result for 02300022:

02300022 Media Feed Encoder Error No media belt or motor encoder ticks forward

Current being applied to motor, but neither encoder isrecording motion.

Check motor wiring. Check motor functioning. Check motor encoder and belt encoder.

neobruo

I removed the media motor and encoder and installed on another FB950 and gave the same error. I swapped the encoder plug and plugin at the original encoder and the error desapears! figured out it was the media motor encoder. I buy a new encoder, installed and... it keep the same error...
The wires are all good and the conections too!
Today I'll replace the motor control board and see if something happens... I can have volts at Plug J8 Pin 5 and 6 (-) and pin 4 and 5 (+) referent to the motor control board at E-Box!
Thaks for the help everyone. If someone have more ideias...
Sorry my english!

neobruo

Hp tells me to replace the media motor, motor, and motor crontrol board...I'm from Portugal and the representative supplier showed me a budget of nearly $ 5, 000!
I can't support it right now!

neobruo

Problem solved. Motor control board replaced and all works good. Thanks to all.:wink: