• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB 950 Wiper Service Station Failing To Home

Perryb

Good Day From The Uk Hope All Is Well Over The Other Side of the Pond. As A regular viewer of Signs 101 Over the Past 4 years & An Occasional Contributor In The Zund Forum May I Seek The Advice & Expertise Of Others Here. We Have Run Into An Unusual Problem With Our Fb950 Which Has Given Faultless Service. We Have For No Apparent Reason Be Suffering Recently With The Service Station Failing To Home Properly. The Motor Judders For Approx 5-7 Seconds Trying To reach the Home Position Before The Error Message On Screen Confirms Failure To Home. We Have Done All The Obvious Things, Cleaned & Greased The Slide Rails, Checked The Tension On The Belt & Have Replaced The Motor. We Have Removed The Drive Belt & Still The Motor Judders Which Leads Me To Suspect That It Is Not A Motor Or Homing Sensor Fault. Can I Ask If Any FB950 Owners Have Had This Issue & Is There An Easy fix Or Something Else I Could Try Before I Call A Technician. Thank You In Anticiptaion

SignManiac

Try and thoroughly clean the encoder strip with 50% alcohol (only on the top part, not the bottom). Also try to clean the encoder reader but its hard to reach. Check around the service station, "Gears, rails" to see if there's any built up ink. Final check User diagnostic to see if the printer knows when the service station is at it's home position.

Perryb

Wiper Station Fault Fb950

Thank You For The Reply But I Should Have Said Its The Wiper Station That Is Causing The Issue . The Main Carriage Functions Correctly..Its Only When You Purge The Heads That The Fault Occurs Or At Initial Startup Where It Goes Through Its |Self Test Routine. Thank You However For the Courtesy Of A Reply & Help

MikePro

i don't know if this helps, but I get wiper errors on my JV3 when ink builds up over time. the sensor is actually a trigger/switch that, when ink builds up, cannot open/close properly.

i've also had issues when the ink builds up on the gears that control the belt that moves the wiper. a toothbrush and a shotglass full of acetone scrubs away this mess, I've also saved time by chiseling-away most of the heavy chunks of ink with a small flathead screwdriver before finishing up with the toothbrush.