• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 and Aluminium Materials

Great Signs

Had My FB500 since November and it seems as though the ink adhesion on Alupanel is not very good. Any suggestions from anyone. Is this a common problem with UV inks?

Dice

Depending on the actual manufacturer of the material it has a special coating on top to protected the aluminum. This coating is no good for UV ink adhesion.

You can use a promoter or denatured Alcohol. You can ask your supplier about the coating on the AluPanel.

particleman

what Dice said.. We've run into a few materials like Omegabond which FB ink will NOT stick to, probably the same for other brands also.

Junkie

Clear Shield

Rage - What Clear Shield are you using over UV inks, I know they have several different solutions for different inks. Also, are you rolling, spraying or running through a liquid laminator?

Desert_Signs

Rage - What Clear Shield are you using over UV inks, I know they have several different solutions for different inks. Also, are you rolling, spraying or running through a liquid laminator?

Clear Shield Gloss original. We buy it in 1 gallon jugs from Fellers. We apply it with a foam roller. The thicker you put it down, the better the end result it. Don't try to spread it out thin. Use a new roller every time you're laminating (not for each sign, but if you let your roller dry out, you need to use a new one).

Great Signs

I Have discovered that Alupanel has a digital version available that is suited for use with UV Printers and has a matte finish which allows the UV inks to better adhere to the substrait. Also a good cleaning with rubbing alcohol after removing the protective plastic sheeting will also aid in the adhesion by removing any residue left behind from the protective sheet.

Thank to all for your input. If anyone else has some input, I am always willing to learn more.

:Canada 2:

eforer

I Have discovered that Alupanel has a digital version available that is suited for use with UV Printers and has a matte finish which allows the UV inks to better adhere to the substrait. Also a good cleaning with rubbing alcohol after removing the protective plastic sheeting will also aid in the adhesion by removing any residue left behind from the protective sheet.

Thank to all for your input. If anyone else has some input, I am always willing to learn more.

:Canada 2:

It's called digipanel, we used it with our HP flatbed before we switched over to the Agfa/Gandi. The HP inks don't like alupanel, but they work great on the digipanel. The digitech inks (which I believe are rebranded triangle products) work fine on alupanel and even their el cheapo econopanel line.