Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help fb500 carriage motor and electric brushes

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Turnergraphics, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Turnergraphics

Turnergraphics Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Boiling Springs,SC
    Has anybody found motor brushes for the FB500 carriage drive motor? The motor is made by Ametek exclusively for Flextronics in Singapore and cost us about $1000. But if I could find motor brushes (with springs) I could get back to work for just a few bucks. Any help is appreciated.

Tags:
  2. richsweeney

richsweeney Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Renton WA
    Look for a local electrical repair vendor, google something like "electric graphic service+ name of my city". That or ask a local commercial printer who they use to fix their machines.

3. czbhu

czbhu New Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Hungary
    Is there anyone who can help me to find a new carriage drive motor for my HP FB700? I would like to replace it, but buying from HP directly would cost a lot... So I am looking for an other way to purchase a motor.

4. Turnergraphics

Turnergraphics Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Boiling Springs,SC
    I found a source for the 2 brushes. Email me at rich@turnergraphics.com

5. Turnergraphics

Turnergraphics Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Boiling Springs,SC
    It's the motor brushes that get used up. The brushes are a consumable and need to be replaced.