• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 Error

mkldl

Getting this error on HP FB500. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200110_115859.jpg
    20200110_115859.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 249

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I feel like I've seen this before, and it was a fairly simple fix. What happens if you click proceed?

mkldl

Only options are "fix cable(s) and then press "continue" to recheck or "restart printer". Since cables are not disconnected..seems odd.Printer goes back to same error. There is no "proceed"

danno

Have you reseated the cables? Sometimes the vibration of the carriage will loosen a connection.

flyplainsdrifta

yeahh id reseat. the cable could have gone bad or just worn out. pull them and reseat them to see. did you have any issues previous to this message?

mkldl

Hope this helps someone else. The Service side lamp assembly went bad. Tried headboard. It took out the new headboard. So final resolution was to replace the head board and the service side lamp assembly at the same time.
The technician said that it was head board after some serious testing, but would never get past 33 percent boot without that same error. Probably a unique situation...but again...hope this thread helps some other users.