• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 Head X Calibration

ChrisBrunner

I'm running an FB500 I'm having trouble printing crisp, clean lines and text. I've ran the Auto Head X Calibration several times with no improvement. This issue appears to be on the X axis because Y axis prints great. There appears to be splatter on the X axis print, I've attached a photo for reference, both lines should print the exact same.

I wasn't able to upload so here's a link to the image:
http://s4.postimg.org/6bs2le5ot/20150721_103856.png

Andriy

I'm running an FB500 I'm having trouble printing crisp, clean lines and text. I've ran the Auto Head X Calibration several times with no improvement. This issue appears to be on the X axis because Y axis prints great. There appears to be splatter on the X axis print, I've attached a photo for reference, both lines should print the exact same.

I wasn't able to upload so here's a link to the image:
http://s4.postimg.org/6bs2le5ot/20150721_103856.png

Have you tried printing it with the fine text mode?

ChrisBrunner

I hadn't through of that! I just tried setting to "fine text" and "unidirectional" and that mostly fixed the issue (the X lines are a little wider) but the job is going to take a very long time to produce using that setting.

I tried a manual Printhead X Calibration hoping to adjust the correction and noticed that both of my Cyan heads are spraying droplets everywhere not giving me a crisp line. I think that may be the main cause of the issue here, any way to fix that?

I appreciate the suggestion now I've got a workaround if I can't make the adjustments necessary to fix this at full speed, thank you!

Andriy

I hadn't through of that! I just tried setting to "fine text" and "unidirectional" and that mostly fixed the issue (the X lines are a little wider) but the job is going to take a very long time to produce using that setting.

I tried a manual Printhead X Calibration hoping to adjust the correction and noticed that both of my Cyan heads are spraying droplets everywhere not giving me a crisp line. I think that may be the main cause of the issue here, any way to fix that?

I appreciate the suggestion now I've got a workaround if I can't make the adjustments necessary to fix this at full speed, thank you!

Try bringing the head a bit closer to the media and see if that fixes it, I would be a bit more concerned with the media not being completely flat and causing head strikes but I think that could help it out a bit :)