• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB550 / FB500 inks - (fb794/fb250)

Jim DeBoer

We have a FB500 and a F550 Scitex printer. We run FB794 ink in the 550 and FB250 ink in the 500. I am told the 250 is interchangeable with either printer, but the 794 ink is not.

I can find nothing on HP, or anywhere else showing the differences on these two inks. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? We are running a project that is burning ink faster than expected and I was considering stealing ink from one to use in the other until our shipment arrives Monday. (Ink cannot be overnighted :( ...

Any info at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos Valencia

We have a FB500 and a F550 Scitex printer. We run FB794 ink in the 550 and FB250 ink in the 500. I am told the 250 is interchangeable with either printer, but the 794 ink is not.

I can find nothing on HP, or anywhere else showing the differences on these two inks. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? We are running a project that is burning ink faster than expected and I was considering stealing ink from one to use in the other until our shipment arrives Monday. (Ink cannot be overnighted :( ...

Thanks,
Hi Im checking with Hp. Unfortunately it might be difficult to get an answer before tuesday. I'll let you know as fast as possible. thx Plottermaster

Carlos Valencia

Thanks,
Hi, The color ink is not interchangeable, the white ink is the same between systems, but you cannot use the colors, I believe they are chipped differently, so you cannot load a 794 ink in a FB500 or vice versa. thx Plottermaster