• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FB550 Magenta Dropout every morning

Every morning after our FB550 has been setting all night, the first print of the morning about 6-8 inches in the magenta drops out. After a jet health check and 2-3 standard air purges it usually comes back. We have checked the Thermisters for buildup or defects and all looks good. Any other suggestions on a fix?

Thanks
Charles

Attachments

• Magenta Dropout.jpg
    Magenta Dropout.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 202

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You may have an "under-performing" box of ink - there are a lot of them out there. Just black and magenta that I'm aware of. We've had the pains of each. Get in touch with your vendor to see if they will replace it. If you are still under warranty, you may be able to get one from HP support

signman315

Signmaker
Boudica nailed it. Just went through this myself last week. "under-performing" box of Magenta. In my conversation with HP they made a good point....look closely at your prime bars. "under-performing" ink will jet weak at the leading/trailing edges. Very similar to the older scitex line that used to experience weak center jetting (which was generally a bad head on those machines), but in this case it's the opposite, weak edge jetting as opposed to the center being weak. Weak edge jetting is a sign of "under-performing" ink. At first glance my prime bars appeared perfect but upon closer inspection I was getting weak edge jetting and it turned out to be a bad, excuse me, an "under-performing" Magenta cartridge. Also shake your cartridges, HP suggested shaking weekly on Monday morning, but we are going a step further and shaking every morning. So far so good. Hope it helps!