• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB550 not printing full size...

Graphi System

Hi guys,
i'm asking help from france...
I'm working for a sign company, and a few months ago we buyed an HP Scitex FB550.
For some reason, almost everytime i print on a board, the print stop before the last edge, something like a quarter of an inch (sorry, i'm used to metric scale...).
And this is true, despite of printing full edge, or with bleeding, or with me playing with the edges. This is happening most of the time on what you call coro, but be sure my boards are perfectly cutted, because i use a guillotine to cut them.
I'm using caldera 10.2, btw.
Something more disturbing, even, is when i printed 20 boards on a row, three at a times, the first row was completely printed, but not the second row!!! and then the 5TH wasn't full printed too. This is absolutely not normal...
I wonder if any of you have ever encoutered this problem...
Feel free to ask for precision, and excuse my english, i'm doing my best...

Thanks for your time guys, reading this
Arnaud

FrankW

Enclosed please find a PDF from HP about that issue. Is strange that this problems happens with 10.2, but perhaps updating your driver could help. The PDF ist about 1 year old.

Attachments

• 1. HP Scitex FB550-FB750 Printers - Full Bleed Printing at maximum printer width available.pdf
    220.1 KB · Views: 529

Graphi System

well frankw, thanks for your help, but maybe i wasn't clear, the problem is there for every size, most of the time on coro, the boards are 31.5 * 23.62 inch sized, and the print stop at something like 30.9 inch from the end, leaving a white stripe unprinted at the end of each board. I already have had a tech upgrading the driver...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere along the way, your job box is showing up wrong to your rip software. Find the faulty input number and I believe you will solve your problem.

Graphi System

hum well, i 'm not going to lie to you, i don't understand.
i didn't find any job box settings... maybe cuz i only have user access?

FrankW

Is the complete job be printed, but just to short? Or is it cut off?

There is a lenght adjustment that could help, and can lead to that issue if misadjusted. Need to check it when I'm at home, I'm travelling right now.

Hotspur

Hi
I don't think this is something you can fix.
It sounds very much like your printer needs a Media Sensor Position Calibration.
This is a service-level calibration that an operator does not have access to - you need to enter the service code to get access to this level of calibration.
It can be found under Tools - Service printer - Service calibrations - Individual calibrations.
The calibration only needs to be done once and should have been done on install - looks like you need to get your installer back!
Good luck

neil_se

My FB500 does the same thing. We commonly print pre-cut 600x900mm (2x3') sheets and it always stops about 3mm short of the end. I think my print operator now overstates the material length, eg. 905mm, so that it prints all 900mm of image.

Graphi System

thanks for your help guys
i was pretty sure i wouldn't be able to do anything, cuz i've tried anything i can do to fix that, with only my user access
Hotspur, when i think back, i remember that the very first board i printed right after the install, wasn't printed entirely. But at this time, i thought i probably haven't set the margins correctly or something like that, but it seems it wasn't me...
neil_se, glad (if i can say) to hear i'm not alone... Even when i set the media on non-detectable, telling the printer the board is bigger than the file, there is still a miss. IT's really weird how the printer react.