• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Belt Cleaning.

PE3185

Belt cleaning

I Was told to spray the belt down with IPA then wrap it in shrink wrap to keep the IPA from evaporating and to let it on for a couple of hours on a down time day ... its supposed to whip off easy then. you need a helper to hold the advance put-on down while you wrap it though.
but that was for a very dirty belt.

PE3185

cleaning belt idea

I Was told to spray the belt down with IPA then wrap it in shrink wrap to keep the IPA from evaporating and to let it on for a couple of hours
on a down time day if you have any ... Its supposed to wipe off easy then.
You need a helper to hold the advance-button down while you wrap it though.
but that was for a very dirty belt. I haven't tried it myself yet ... if you do let me know how it works

Patrick Farrell

I just started "running" my companies print room. The last guy that ran this machine was not detail oriented. The belt is pretty bad and kinda built up in certain spots. Do any of you think that the IPA and shrink wrap method is a feasible one for this particular instance?

ikarasu

Yes. I clean or belt once a month. I like you, took over the print room where the Previous guys never cleaned it.

I used Methanol...it works way better and faster. But because it wasn't an "approved" solution we stick to alcohol unless we have a huge buildup that won't come off. Methanol didn't do anything bad to our belt.... But we've only done it three times with methanol, the rest is alcohol.

We usually spray the front end and service end with ipa... Throw some packing foam ontop.... Wait an hour, come back and scrape it... Wipe.tje belt,off good because you'll have tons of flakes that like to stick to substrates... Advance it a foot and repeat until the whole thing is clean.

Do a small test and see if it works for you. Hard to say without seeing the belt, but it should... You might just need a longer time.

You can buy plastic scrapers as well... Don't use a metal one though.. If you cut your belt, it's an expensive fix.