• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Carrier rail issue

Ron the Sign Man

Any one ever have a problem with one side of the carrier rail losing height during printing? One side (left to right) of print is good the other side the carrier hits the material after an hour or so of printing. When I shut the machine of turn it back on it is good for another couple of hours. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

czbhu

Any one ever have a problem with one side of the carrier rail losing height during printing? One side (left to right) of print is good the other side the carrier hits the material after an hour or so of printing. When I shut the machine of turn it back on it is good for another couple of hours. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

No I haven't, but what I would check was if the printer is in level. It could cause problem. And I would recalibrate it.

signman315

Signmaker
I agree with czbhu, but if it was previously working and hasn't been moved then likely the machine is level. First check calibration, but if it continues to happen then you likely have something wrong in the carriage rail movement system...could be a motor, encoder or encoder sensor associated with leveling the rail on that side....if you find a solution please post it here so others can learn from it, thanks!

Ron the Sign Man

Replaced the service end carrier rail actuator (jack). Didn't work. Cleaned the carrier rail height encoder (I guess that is what it is) and has worked fine today, we'll see what fresh hell awaits me tomorrow. Question as to terminology. When you say re calibrate are you referring to the board settings? If so I tried that and it didn't work at the time. Thanks for the input, will post if it isn't fixed.

Ron the Sign Man

Wanted to wait until I had printed for a week or so until I updated the post. It appears that the issue was the vertical encoder strip (my definition) on the service end of the carrier rail on the input side. Have to remove the service end cap to even see it. I have since printed about 8000 sq ft of coro so I'm pretty sure it was the problem as I have not had any more issues. Thank you to those who offered their input, it has been greatly appreciated.