• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FB700 DROPPING OUT MAGENTA NEED HELP ASAP!

Justin Newman

I NEED HELP ASAP!

My FB700 (just off contract) is now dropping out magenta after and during prints. I can print 12-16 24 x 36 boards 4 up and then out of nowhere it will drop out the Magenta.

I do air purge and the nozzles come back, then I do a jet recover and everything looks golden. I can print again and I might get one set of boards or it might drop out 4" into the print. Its very random and sporadic.

I saw other threads about some O Ring Washers and Leaking at the ink connection point. Mine has the washer, it connects snug with a click but a small bit of ink still comes out.

Does anyone know what this could be? I am DYING over here.

J

Ron the Sign Man

I had that problem and it was the glass tubes inside the thermosensors being crusted up with ink. I cleaned them with a q-tip and some head flush solution and they worked fine. The crusted ink makes the printer think the thermosensor tanks are full when they are empty. Good luck. (BE VERY DELICATE AS THE GLASS TUBES WILL BREAK IF TOO MUCH PRESSURE IS APPLIED) I learned that one the easy (expensive) way.

Justin Newman

I had that problem and it was the glass tubes inside the thermosensors being crusted up with ink. I cleaned them with a q-tip and some head flush solution and they worked fine. The crusted ink makes the printer think the thermosensor tanks are full when they are empty. Good luck. (BE VERY DELICATE AS THE GLASS TUBES WILL BREAK IF TOO MUCH PRESSURE IS APPLIED) I learned that one the easy (expensive) way.

Ron,

Where are these thermosensors?

J

wunder

Justin, please check the Festo Valves on the backside from Headboard......change one valve from other one and see if the issue changed too........if this the issue......so you can check up to clean up or renew.

wunder

Justin, please check the Festo Valves on the backside from Headboard......change one valve from other one and see if the issue changed too........if this the issue......so you can check up to clean up or renew.