• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Head Dripping and not printing issue

theyllek

We just acquired this used FB700 and have replaced 6 heads, both black and two other colors, as well as the thermistors and the overflow filter assembly on the black.

I'm having problem with the black heads not printing on a jet health check. I can get it to print during the 'print recovery pattern' for just the black heads but not during the jet health check.

I have noticed that ink drips out of the black heads when it's sitting idle which on previous printers I ran indicated a low vac problem but I'm not getting a vacuum error.

Any help would be appreciated, and please feel free to ask me what is usually consider the 'stupid questions.'

wunder

First checkout the filter on the black.vacuum line.
Next step....inklines to the head...of.there installed o-ring (seal).....control.the reservoir if all ready close....you have on black a leak...no other.way

theyllek

Turned out to be a bad O-Ring in the heads themselves. I had to take everything all the way apart and found one of the very small O-Rings in the head had a crease in it. Replaced it and put everything back and no more leak!.