• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Losing Network Connection?

sballinger

This is a new one for us. Our FB700 will intermediately lose connection with Caldera. I'll send over three jobs and one will make it. The printer is set to a Static IP which our IT guys set up so it doesn't have to pull from the IP pool. If you go to the network settings on the FB and just proceed through the motions, it will be reconnected. HP says its the network, IT says it's the printer...finger pointing at it's best

particleman

Sounds like the HP is plugged into the main business network. This is generally not ideal as you introduce all sorts of potential issues with communication (like you are seeing). You should really add a second network card to the rip workstation and run a cable directly to the machine. This cuts out any chance of network related issues.