• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 question

OutputTech

Hey all,
You guys have been a lot of help thanks again. New question about the HP Scitex FB700, Has anyone attempted to butt two boards together, or maybe three, and print a continuous image across them all at the same time?
Is it not recommend? has this work for anyone?
Thank You

ForgeInc

I'm not an operator of our machine, but I don't see why it couldn't be done as long as you can set your print size large enough. I mean, you can print to the edge of boards, so why not boards layed edge to edge?

Have to say, not super impressed with the reliability of our 700. I know I have recommended it in other threads, but having run it for like 6 months solid now, we have had the tech in numerous times. Luckily our local re-seller gives us great service and can work on machines directly.

When it prints the thing is great, but ya gotta stay on top of it and make sure it runs smoothly.

artbot

remember if your boards aren't absolutely square at the edge. other wise if the boards are say off 1/16" at a corner, you chain of boards could start climbing or falling in an arch.

and then you have no walking or shifting of the previous board which can compound issues.

I do it with steel panels quite often. i masking tape them on the back side and use a 1/4" bleed all the way around insted of the standard 1/8" bleed for overprinting