• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 - reading a chip

danno

Is it possible to read a chip and not install the ink cartridge? In this case, the operator,yes me, had a brain malfunction and didn't record the amount of white ink left when I swapped back to 6 colour. :banghead:

danno

issue resolved. I found the weight of a new carton of ink, then weighed mine. The issue with plugging my chip in to give a reading was that it was the white chip. I was set up for 6 colour at the time and didn't want to start the changeover process just to see how much ink was in the carton. Next time I will keep better notes.

Turnergraphics

new ink coms with a new chip . My specific problem was that the chip said I was out of ink . But I wasn't out of ink. So HP sent me another chip so that I would be able to use the rest of the ink. The chip keeps track of how much ink travels from the ink station (each color station). You're right that a chip 'quits' if it thinks the ink is out. But if it quits to soon pop in the chip that has some room left on it. HP can send you a chip with room left on it.

Turnergraphics

issue resolved. I found the weight of a new carton of ink, then weighed mine. The issue with plugging my chip in to give a reading was that it was the white chip. I was set up for 6 colour at the time and didn't want to start the changeover process just to see how much ink was in the carton. Next time I will keep better notes.

great!.
turner

Davo

Just run the ink past 0, it has no effect ont he workings of the printer. I check the actual ink left in the bag before replacing a carton and profiler chip.