• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB750 Overspray? Maybe? Blue everywhere.

Tackinawa

So we have a couple Scitex series printers and our FB750 has this ....issue. It has a teal/blue/grayish spray that covers the rail , carraige and most importantly the encoder strip (I have to clean it WAY too often). Our tech said it's not a big deal.....so I came here for a possible solution. I feel like I have a leak or loose connection somewhere possibly? It builds up over time , you can see in the pictures the severity of the problem. Has anyone else seen or dealt with this? It's clogging the filters and damaging the encoder strips so if it can be minimized or eliminated that would be great. Thanks for reading!
PXL_20230522_131606889.jpg
PXL_20230615_124809541.jpg

The first thing i would do, was to fire your technician, that is certainly not normal and very bad, will eventually fry your headboard. I would change out all the filters on the transparent hoses and see what happens.

Tackinawa

Unfortunately the hiring/firing is above my pay grade, so for the time being I have to grin and bear it, lol. I have deep cleaned the carriage and rails since the photos were taken.I will certainly give the filter swap a shot and see what happens , thank you for your reply!

greysquirrel

so number one make sure the fans in the top of the unit are all working and not covered in ink. The UV lamp filters have to be changed. The halogen lamps have to breathe or they will fail prematurely. How is the IQ? Is small text sharp? Without seeing the printer, Im thinking your carriage height is not calibrated properly. This could be due to an excessive amount of ink build up on the belt if you have any. More pics would help.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
I've had several unit s with that problem. Cyan is a problematic color that causes the nozzles on the head to clog and deflect cyan ink. HP solved this problem a few years back with an additive in their cyan ink. Unfortunately if you have an older head that was exposed to the older version of cyan ink, that cyan head needs replacement if you want it to fire without deflection. My Seiko M64s and an older Colorspan flatbed (before HP bought them out) both had that issue. My newer HP FB500 did not because the head was never exposed to the old inkset. I got this information from Mike at California Media Services in Southern California. Great Tech!