• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB950/FB700 running 4 color?

fozzie

Anyone running just 4 colors vs. 6 color on either machine? Thinking about dropping out the lc and lm heads.
We profile our own profiles via onyx. Just wondering how much color/gamut you lose and if ink/printhead savings are worth it. Most of our flatbed printing isn't trade show quality stuff so not sure we really need 6 color now.

Asuma01

you would have to limit the Lm and lc channels in your icc profile. I dont think there is a way to disable them.

fozzie

Yes. Talked with techs, basically leave the lc lm heads in with ink. Purge occasionally but if heads are bad (ours are) just leave them in. might beat spending 6k for four new heads if a good profiled 4 color gives good results.

supersignmart

We have 2 FB950 printers and have been running 4 colors almost since day one (4 years on 1 printer and 3 years on the other) and haven't
had a problem since. With the printing we do you can not tell a difference at all. The worst thing is you still have to buy the LC and LM for
the profiles only since they still purge. We run our printers at least 8 hours a day and have even run them so much that our hold down rollers
have lost their black color!!!!

Petor

on fb 950

you can run without ph but you have to leave thermistor of AIR temperature plugged in headboard.
on fb 700 isn't possible because the printer stop with error.