• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB950 lamps

kev324

Just changed my first set of lamps on our 950 and am curious what kind of life expectancy other users are getting. Mine were at 369 hours when I had to change them due to a "no voltage detected" error on the service side lamp. On our 98UVX, we were changing lamps about every 300 hours when they were rated for 500 hours. I was hoping that the life of the 950 lamps would be closer to expectations but so far, it's not looking promising. On the 98UVX you would ususally start to see tackiness in solid blacks when the lamps were approaching 300 hours but I haven't noticed any curing issues with the 950 so far.

supersignmart

We have also had the no voltage error also with our fb950 once in a year. With that said we have been getting close to 2000 hours on our lamps, the same we were getting on our colorspan 9840. We start our lamps in the morning and don't turn them off until we stop printing, usually around 5 each day. I've heard that you get shorter life from the starting and stopping of them. Must be true.

kev324

Hmm, may have to try leaving them on as long as I can. Some days it has a ton of work, some days the z6100 gets the bulk of the workload. Just to clarify, you do mean 2000, not 200?

supersignmart

Yes 2000 hrs, on our 9840 we actually had problems starting our lamps because the tungsten wires were burnt to a crisp. It would take several starts to get them to fire but we were still getting an excellent cure.