• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB950 - magenta ink on yellow head after a purge

signman315

Signmaker
Hoping the intelligent folks here can help me. I've replaced a magenta head on my FB950 and everything seems ok except that now when it purges I hear a sound like it has an air leak, kind of a hissing as it purges. But the prime bars are perfect, there are no warnings coming up (I would think if the head was cracked or leaking air that I would get a vacuum warning). So then after a few days of it purging in this manner it looks like ink builds up around the recently changed head and eventually finds its way to the adjacent yellow head. So I can clean it all out and its good for a couple days and then comes back. I thought maybe there was an air bubble in the magenta head so I filled it with air and then refilled with ink and no change. I can purge just the yellow head immediately before printing and can print all day until the next time magenta is purged at which point the yellow head is dirty with magenta again. Obviously I'm missing something. Any insight is much appreciated, thank you!

signman315

Signmaker
Thanks Woldy, actually working on it as we speak. I have the old printhead and have been looking at that and I think you might be right. Checking into it now and will let you know what I find, thanks again!

signman315

Signmaker
update: I pulled the head and separated it from the reservoir. Both O rings were there and didn't appear damaged or poorly seated, but I'm still thinking they were the problem. I put the head onto a different reservoir with new O rings and reinstalled. Seems to be fixed, the hissing during purge is gone and ink isn't running out onto the adjacent heads. But the original problem took a few days to manifest itself, so I'll keep an eye on it and report back with the results in case anybody is wondering.