• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC 7000-75 Questions

VIVAmike

To begin with, I'm relatively new to any and all sign making. This machine drives me nuts, I don't think its ever been fully functional since it was purchased.

So, on to my question....Yesterday I updated the firmware on the machine to 1.80, I followed the instructions on Graphtecusa.com I believe it was. Now when the machine is powered on, it shows all the settings for Condition 1 for about a couple of seconds. Then the prompt light turns on and a message comes on the screen that says

Error 1

Instructions Not Recognized (or understood)

why does this happen?

and the one time i bypassed this error msg I sent a job to the plotter and all it was was a line of text but it took upwards of 5 minutes just to tell me it was 31% done sending the job.

Can anyone help me out here? This machine seriously drives me nuts!!!

You have data waiting in the queue of the PC that is connected to your cutter. When the machine goes into Ready state (Condition x), the remaining data is spooled to the machine, causing the error. You need to:

1) Go into the software that is driving the plotter (Flexi's Production Manager, SignLab etc) and clear the queue of data.
2) Verify that the data settings are the same in both the plotter's control panel and in the software that you are using. By this, I mean what port is being used (USB or serial; if serial, you need to specify speed, data bits, stop bits, parity etc). If you are on USB, be sure that the queue is first cleared, and that the Graphtec Windows driver for the FC7000 plotter has been loaded.

Bob