• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-7000 Blade Drag

warlind

I'm trying to cut 18mm of material (convex vinyl + lam) and I'm getting drag impressions so deep they look like cuts. 30" material. Any suggestions? Graphtec told me it would not be a problem (of course).

warlind

Thanks guys - I've tried em all. The bummer now is that the motherboard went to sh*& and graphtec won't send me a new one (the machine is under warranty) because they are doing inventory! Can you believe that? I would warn anyone about the service @ graphtec that is looking to buy.

ScottyDoo

WE had the same thing last year...they were doing inventory and didn't have a loaner to send either while ours was being worked on. We've just limped through it.

Case

On this situation I have done 2 different things::: Either add extra pinch wheels on the plotter like it was stated by someone earlier or build or put tables around the front and the back of the plotter. Then it glides smoother for thicker material and doesn't cause it to bubble up or wrinkle and definitly helps prevent blade drag. I have done it and it works...

Case