• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-7000 Help

Matt Cuellar

Hi everyone,

I have a customer with a 64" FC-7000 that has been going nuts from the day I installed it. I'm wondering if any savvy Graphtec users out there know how to restore the factory defaults on the plotter through the control panel. Graphtec walked me through it a few months ago but I didn't write it down (of course). This is only a temporary fix as Graphtec is replacing the unit, but can anyone help? Tried calling my Graphtec sales rep and tech support, both busy and had to leave messages. Thanks in advance...

Bradster941

I don’t believe the level you are looking for can be achieved through the control panel.

To reset mine to factory defaults;

Turn unit off
Pull right cover off
Turn Dip Switches 2,4, and 8 on.
Power up unit
Select what mode you want.
Power down
Return dip switches to original selection.

Note, mine is a Sign Warehouse FC7000 and as I understand it the firmware might be different.

Attachments

• dip 1.jpg
    dip 1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 134

Matt Cuellar

Bradster,

Thanks for the info. I was able to reset back to defaults a few months ago without having to take off any panels, but I can't remember how. However, I'm pretty desperate so I'm going to give this a shot. Thanks for your help! I'll let you know how it goes.

Todd M Castle

1. Turn the machine off
2. Hold the up button
3. While holding turn the machine on and it will reset.

Hope this works for you

Thanks

Todd Castle

Bradster941

1. Turn the machine off
2. Hold the up button
3. While holding turn the machine on and it will reset.

Hope this works for you

Thanks

Todd Castle

Todd, your right, but also your wrong as I understand it.

Your method is good for erasing certain user inputed parameters, but it doesn't reset all to the factory defaults.

My way is like flashing the Eprom back to when it rolled off the assembly line and was first programed..

ScottyDoo

I did this about 6 months ago, was fairly easy...let me remember how to do it. Only problem I had was it reset the default language to chinese or japanese. Had to look at a map of the options to get to the language selection to get back to english.

ScottyDoo

This what you're looking for?

Clearing the plotter's NOVRAM will clear all CONDITION settings and restore the memory to factory default settings.

How to Clear the Non-Volatile RAM

1. Clearing the Non-Volatile RAM requires a special POWER ON Key combination.

2. Either while holding the UP ARROW direction key and switching the Power ON,
or immediately (within 2 seconds) after switching the Power ON, press and hold the UP ARROW Direction Key.
The display will show:
NOVRAM CLEAR START

3. Release the UP ARROW key.
The display will show:
Select the Language:
* GPGL
* HPGL
* HPGL w/ inches

4. Press the F1, F2 or F3 to select the language:
GPGL <-- Press F1
HPGL <-- Press F2
HPGL w/ inches <-- Press F3

5. After selecting the language, the display will show:
EXECUTE? NO

6. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW direction key to change the display to YES.
EXECUTE? YES

7. Press the ENTER key to execute the NOVRAM Clear.
The display will show
EXECUTE? YES. . .

Matt Cuellar

ScottyDoo,

That's exactly what I needed, thank you! And thanks to Sign Warehouse in Lexington for calling me too and helping me out with this! Nice to see that even though we're competitors, we can still help each other out. Thanks guys! :smile: