• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-7000 won't stop feeding material

CES020

Just a quick one here, while I wait for Graphtec to open.

Put material in, pick "Roll 1-Front Set", hit enter, the material takes off and never stops. It skips by the eye completely. If I pick "Sheet", it hits the eye and reads it and everything is fine, so I'm guessing it's not the eye.

Tried different material sizes, product, etc. Worked perfectly fine yesterday afternoon, this morning, it doesn't work.

Firmware is updated.

Any ideas while I wait for Graphtec? That'll teach me to sell my backup plotter I sold last week!

gabagoo

My Graphtec electric eye stopped working long ago. I just fake it out every morning on startup. I cover both sensors with a piece of vinyl and set the rollers out as wide as they can go and let the machine think I am running 53" vinyl all day. The only problem with doing that is you have to make sure you dont try and cut 30" graphics with 24" material....not to hard to figure out.

signprinter

I had this happen once too...Graphtec told me to put a piece of black tape over the eye..worked for me..they said that when it was going through on the roll that it was jumping over the eye...somthing yuo can try..hope that helps.

CES020

How do you get to "rear set"? Mine only has 2 front sets, 1 sheet.

Maybe that's the issue. Maybe it changed and I'm pushing the button that always used to say "rear set", but now says "front set".

Ponto

The machine is capable of loading media from either the "front" or the "back" of the unit......a preference is made as to where the rollers are fastened and this would dictate which input is used to set the poll size.....

JP

CES020

GOT IT! Woohoo! Thanks!

It was set to front set. Hit the "Next" button and it changed over to "rear set" and that worked fine.

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

omgsideburns

If you have the material on the back.. it needs to be on rear set.

Click the "next" button to switch between front/rear sets.

Edit: you beat me to it.