• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8000 Not Contour Cutting

So we had our main board replaced... One day it just would not connect to the computer any more... After that, we received it back from Reece Supply who was fixing it. Than after that, it would not contour cut anymore. We had them come back out and pick up the machine again, and take a look at it again, and they told us that it was working just fine and now we have it back. We tried the contour cut again, and once again, exact same results. I'm not sure why they say they can get it to cut and we cant as far as contour cutting...

This is really starting to piss me off because we have several contour cut jobs that we cannot do and are having to send on down the line...

What am I doing wrong? We are using Flexi 8.1, and it will not do it. I have not changed anything since it was first gone for contour cutting...

Now that we have got it back twice and still no success. I have formatted my computer 2 times and will still not work.

WHAT GIVES!??? We also have updated the firmware to the most recent as well.

rambo555

When you say it wont contour cut, do you mean it will not cut anything? IS it trying to cut or is cutting poorly?

When you say it wont contour cut, do you mean it will not cut anything? IS it trying to cut or is cutting poorly?

It seems to be cutting vinyl fine, but will not read the contour cut registration marks. It says mark scan read error after about a second trying to find them. Ugh, this is really starting to piss me off. I really need the contour cut function to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
When you changed boards did you reset the mark type and size and all of that stuff to whatever it is you were using? Is your condition priority set ON or OFF?

Which mark does it have trouble reading? The first? Second? Third? Fourth?

bob

First mark. Conditions exactly the same. Where do I find the condition priority please.

Background settings. Set it to Manual. The the plotter's control panel settings will take precedence over various setup commands sent vial software. It's the only sure way to really know just what is set to what for any given job.

Background settings. Set it to Manual. The the plotter's control panel settings will take precedence over various setup commands sent vial software. It's the only sure way to really know just what is set to what for any given job.

What exactly do I set to manual?

bob

What exactly do I set to manual?

The Condition Priority...

Press menu until 'Background Settings' is displayed.

Press the F_whatever key to enter background settings.

Press the 'Next' key until 'Condition Priority' is displayed.

Select 'Manual' and press the 'Enter' key.

The Condition Priority...

Press menu until 'Background Settings' is displayed.

Press the F_whatever key to enter background settings.

Press the 'Next' key until 'Condition Priority' is displayed.

Select 'Manual' and press the 'Enter' key.

I have set it to manual. I am running Flexi 8.1 and this puppy is still not working. I dont understand why it would not work. I have updated the firmware as well. Trying to find a darn downloadable manual but graphtecs site is so freakin confusing for that. I have one, but who knows in which of the 50 moving boxes I have it in.

Compilla

What was the Issue?
If you want help and would like to help others in the future you should tell what you did to resolve the issue so that others may find out if they have the same problem...

Thanks!

What was the Issue?
If you want help and would like to help others in the future you should tell what you did to resolve the issue so that others may find out if they have the same problem...

Thanks!

Compilla,

I gave a direct response to a question that was asked. Was your issue fixed, yes, it was... Now, if they had asked, how did you fix it, well there is the GOLDEN question! :)

To be honest I was in a rush, and out the door. But it was a firmware issue. Funny how graphtec gives you an updated firmware that will completely disable your arms... I had to regress to an older version of firmware, which originally came with my machine. That fixed it!

bob

Compilla,

I gave a direct response to a question that was asked. Was your issue fixed, yes, it was... Now, if they had asked, how did you fix it, well there is the GOLDEN question! :)

To be honest I was in a rush, and out the door. But it was a firmware issue. Funny how graphtec gives you an updated firmware that will completely disable your arms... I had to regress to an older version of firmware, which originally came with my machine. That fixed it!

If someone should ask you "Do you know what time it is?" do you answer "Yes." and walk off?