• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8000 Will Not Connect Via USB

I have an FC-8000, and I powered it up this morning, and my computer would not detect it, period. I have formatted my machine, re-installed the driver, nothing. I have switched USB cables, nothing.

I called graphtec/emailed them got an immediate response to install the driver, which already has been installed, nothing.

Could the USB board be shot? Anything else I plug into the same USB port on my computer, works just fine, and makes that cool din ding sound when you plug in a USB device...

Any takers?

rosary0215

Question

Did you make sure that it was installed as a printer and check to make sure the usb port is setup as an ip port

Did you make sure that it was installed as a printer and check to make sure the usb port is setup as an ip port

Not understanding your question. Yes, it is setup as a printer. But anytime you connect something to windows, it should detect it for the most part. We just formatted our machine and are still having the same challenge.

So I called Graphtec and talked with Charlie... Wow, that was interesting. After It just quit working (FC-8000) along with after formatting my computer it was undetected, and plugging the plotter and installing the driver in 2 other computers, Dell, HP, and one I built. He says something is wrong with Windows. Doesnt say that anything is wrong with the plotter. I dont see how this is possible. It seems WAY to co-incidental that all 3 of my computers are messed up, and the FC-8000 plotter has no problems. What gives?

DRamm76

Wow..Sorry you had to go through all this..I've seen this before and worked with the FC8000 long enough to know it was probably a main board. A little discomforting to hear your computer was blamed first..

Sorry I didnt see this sooner to offer assistance

Wow..Sorry you had to go through all this..I've seen this before and worked with the FC8000 long enough to know it was probably a main board. A little discomforting to hear your computer was blamed first..

Sorry I didnt see this sooner to offer assistance

Thank you DRamm, not a problem. Are you afiliated with Graphtec? I think that Charles knows he has a great product, and did not want to blame the machine at all... I would think after I told him that it was 3 machines and it all happened, well, that to me, would say it was the machine and not my computers... But no, he insisted that it was my computers. Rather random though. Either way, I'm happy to say I will be getting my machine fixed quickly!

Thanks guys, you guys are awesome on this forum. Thanks again.