• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC3100-100 Contour cut capapbilities??

Slack11

I think I already know the answer to this, but does the FC3100-100 series plotter have the contour cut capabilities??? Is there any way to upgrade this machine if it does not have this feature?

Thanks in advance

As I am sure you know, the FC3100 does not have automated registration mark system (ARMS) built in to it, but you can still perform a flawless contour cut with the plotter, assuming that you have the proper software.

I would recommend FlexiSIGN-Pro version 7.6 or higher (including 8.x). You can contour cut, but you'll need to locate the 4 registration marks by moving the carriage over them via the control panel on the plotter. It works well, it is just not as automated as a plotter with an automated system for locating the marks.

Bob

Slack11

Do you line up the carriage over the reg marks and tell the plotter where they are? How exact do you need to be when lining these up? It seems as if it may be a little difficult to be exact when "finding" these?
I am a small "hobby" business, and really can't afford Flexi right now. Is there another program that will allow me to contour cut with this plotter?

Thanks in advance....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you line up the carriage over the reg marks and tell the plotter where they are? How exact do you need to be when lining these up? It seems as if it may be a little difficult to be exact when "finding" these?
I am a small "hobby" business, and really can't afford Flexi right now. Is there another program that will allow me to contour cut with this plotter?

Exactly what you do depends very much on exactly what software you are using, exactly what features your hardware has, and exactly what technique you have chosen. Until all of these variables are nailed down, it's impossible to say.

As far as manually locating the registration marks, if your situation requires this, you can get an optical bomb sight or a light pointer you use in place of your blade holder just for this operation. I don't know if your Graphtec has a built-in light pointer, mine does but its an FC7000. Lacking any of these, you can position the blade over the marks and check it's position by gently pushing the blade down onto the media. This requires pretty good eyesight and a magnifying glass can be a boon.

You need to be as precise as humanly possible. Any error one way or the other will be reflected in the cut.