• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC4100 Media Recognition Problem

RedlineMan

Hey all;

Just getting my first machine up and running for the first time, and struggling.

Up until just a few minutes ago, I could load the media, square it, and release the pinch roller bail, but this did not bring up the "media type" menu. It seemed apparent that the machine did not know there was media present.

I had noted all along that the handle on the pinch roller bail was really loose, so I decided to tighten the two small Phillips head screws that hold it on. I went back to trying to get the media recognized, and voila... I got the ""media type" menu!! WoooHooo!!!

Note to self; Loose roller handle can cause media blindness.

So, I set it to sheet to read the 4' length of test vinyl I had whacked off. It reads both sides and the leading edge, but rolls right on past the end of the sheet for as long as I want to let it go.

It would seem the rear sensor is not reading. Any ideas?

RedlineMan

Hey;

For the archive, this turned out to be a bent media pinch roller lever that would not engage the sensor on the pinch roller shaft. I straightened the lever and it works perfectly. I also re-profiled the detents on the bottom of the plastic knob at the top of the handle that locks the lever into the top of the LCD screen platform, as they were worn off. It locks in place more positively now.

Rod

Right on! I'm glad that you figured that out. And thanks for posting to give other people insight.

Cheers,

Rod