• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC5100-130 does anybody know how fix these

quintana711

I have this cutter and its making noise when the rollers move front and back like a prefeed or anything like that. makes noise like its stuck. does anybody know what to do.
Thanks
Cesar

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This is just an educated guess based on my history servicing these units but you are probably going to need to have it sent to a repair facility, the problem is most likely the bearings on the grit shaft has worn out and become fused to the shaft. This increases the drag on the motor and will eventually cause X-Position alarms. The sooner it is fixed the better as the bearings can become extremely hard to remove from the grit shaft if it is used like this for too long, once this happens the entire shaft needs to be replaced. This isn’t something an end user / owner should attempt, it requires taking the entire machine apart and if the unit isn’t put back together properly it will not track straight or cut properly.