Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC5100 - 130 error 1

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by ACT, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ACT

ACT New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    after updating flexi and adding my printer and plotter's in production manger(i.e. how they connect to pc) printer works perfect but plotter shows error 1. i shut down my pc and plotter after deleting job. turned on just the fc5100 loaded media, it reads the media then error 1 shows up followed by digitalized instructions press enter. i press enter and nothing happens.

please help

Tags:
  2. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    try shutting down your computer and plotter then take out parallel port and put it back in, then turn back on computer. i just had this happen a few months ago.

3. ACT

ACT New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    i will try soon as i get back to work

:thankyou:

4. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Don't remember the sequence but there are certain buttons on the plotter you hold down or press at start up that resets the plotter. Check the manual or go to the web site and get the inst.

5. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    he's exactly right.

6. NBaessler

NBaessler New Member

May 23, 2006
    Check the command setting. If for some reason the cutter is in GPGL, an ERROR 1 is going to appear. Although it may write strange character up the side. Press MENU, NEXT key until INTERFACE shows, press F1, Press F4 COMMAND. If the asterisk is by the GPGL switch it to HPGL.

Neal
    Graphtec.