• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-130 and the jaggies

grafikguy

President
I have used a graphtec brand cutter for over 10 years with success. However, last year, I bought a 7000-130 and I am disappointed with the "jaggy edges" on contour cuts, especially on script fonts. I simply cannot ge a smooth cut. Has anybody got any suggestions on a cure?

P

ProWraps™

how could it be the plotter? do you get the same "jaggies" when you cut the font without the contour? i have an fc7000-130 (first one, not mk2) and we have no problems. might want to check the resolution setting.

Trimtint

ours does it to out of flexi or onyx. Kinda weak i think graphtec are overrated. Wish we would have bought another roland.

Snapper

Case

Graphtec is great. It is not the software on how it cuts from what I'm hearing... It's obviously a setting on the plotter, your blade setting, your blade condition, etc... Graphtec is one of the best plotters out there and thousands of people have not gone wrong. I have an FC7000(original not mk2) and have never had any issues. There are issues for people out there with every brand of plotter, printer, software, etc... It's funny how quick people are to wish for something else when they have an issue with a certain brand. I stand by Graphtec all the way.

Case