• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fc7000-130 Mk2

PMG

I had issues with my FC 7000 130 sent it in to my Graphtec dealer,,they changed the mother board and upgraded it to the MK2 series,i had this issue before they changed it now its back,this only happens when doing the perf cut line,all other cuts are perfect,i put in a new cut strip and new blade and blade holder and set the blade depth correct and i still get this saw tooth cut when using the perf cut line option and it seems to be really bad on curves only . any advice will be cool,,i have a call back into Graphtec on this issue,,,,,thanks!!!

Attachments

• PERF CUT LINE PROBLEM.jpg
    PERF CUT LINE PROBLEM.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 112

woolly

for perf cuts it should have a felt cutting strip as graphtec supply to the dress making industry when they cut paper patterns.

it does spoil the standard cutting of small letters but i have a fix if you need

woolly

PMG

Yes i would be interested in your fix..ive watched the vid on doing perf cuts on Graphtecs web page and it says nothing about the felt strip you speak of nor did any of the techs at Graphtec when i been dealing with this issue . When they changed the mother board out it seemed to fix the issue, and did a few jobs with no issues,,and went to do a perf job yesterday and it started again.

woolly

i am really surprised by the manufactures allowing perf or half cuts on to standard cutting strips as the extra heavy use must damage the head bearings and blade holders,
graphtec UK supply the fc7000 with a felt strip (only if you ask)for this use as it gives a softer landing and saves the blade.
the down side is when cutting normally and 30mm letters or less the felt does not allow the backing paper to move smoothly so i cover the strip with a strip of vinyl.

this allows the backing paper to slip correctly and retains the other properties.
it does not matter if the knife cuts this vinyl strip whilst perf cutting so my machine now does both jobs correctly.

i see that SL and i think flexy have these functions in there output for all cutters i just cant see that its fair on the machine unless you take precautions.

woolly

PMG

Thanks for the info Woolly,ill ask OPIE at Graphtec today when he calls thanks! Also can you explain what ya meant by this : i see that SL and i think flexy have these functions in there output

woolly

apart from the plotter preset perf cuts there is in cutting master 2 the facility to create your own line cut type. also now available i think in sign lab for all types of plotter.

been a while since i done it but i think its preset line 7 was the best.

woolly

PMG

Gota ya wooly,,i was on the phone with Graphtec for the most part of the day and still cant pin point the issues with the perf cut, i had mentioned about the felt cut strip that you were talking about and he said on the newer graphtec you dont need that felt strip,,said they use to have them on the older ones but my FC7000mk2 does not need one..so needless to say the plotters going back for the 2nd time for the same issue.

woolly

they probably said about the soft landing feature still goes down with a thump,

have you tried the different line types they all behave a bit different.

is tangential on or off

woolly