• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-130 shoots media out the back at hyperspeed

documat

Our FC7000 has been ejecting media out the back. This is only a recent issue, it had been working fine previously. Here is the exact chain of events:

1. Load the media
2. Send graphics to plotter
3. Media advances
4. Media rewinds at ridiculous speed with either
a) The media ejects out the back of the plotter and triggers an X position alarm; or
b) The media rewinds only a few inches then triggers an X position alarm.

I have searched the forums for similar problems, but none of those solutions seem to work. I thought perhaps it was the roll being too heavy, it is brand new, so I fed out a bunch of slack, cut off a sufficiently long piece to plot what I needed, and turned off the media sensor, but none of those things helped.

I wonder if there is some sensor problem or if it is something else. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

documat

I don't know. How do you even set that? We haven't been doing anything differently as far as I know. This would have to have been set accidentally.

PMG

as mentioned above ...look on the LCD screen for "REAR ROLL" "FRONT ROLL" also check to see what your pre feed command is set to ...its is all in your FC7000 manual ,,if its set to to 100ft it will spit out 100ft.