• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-160 Pen down after loading media

Pitchblack98

I am having an issue with my FC7000. I bought it used and it was working great for the half dozen or so cuts I did on it. I reset it by pressing the up button while turning it on. Now when I load up media it will check for the media and then drops the pen right where it is sitting even if its not on the media. It won't pick it up to move the carriage. I just put a new cutting strip on it and this issue is destroying it. I've gone thru the user manual and the settings and can't figure out if I'm missing something. It will pick it back up when I release the media set lever. I'm lost and was hoping to get a project done tomorrow.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Pitchblack98

Never mind. I figured it out. I forgot I had a crosscut go bad last time I cut something. The cross cut blade was still engaged and the pen holder was caught up on it. Just had to pull the carriage cover off to free it up. I'm back to cutting.