• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-160 X axis alert / load media issues

robsonr

Hi everybody,

I bought used used Graphtec FC7000-160 cutter. It works general very well apart from two issues.

One issue is that when I use a new roll of vinyl (50 feet) I get X axis error in a middle of cutting when cutter is trying to pull media. I understand that this is happening because when the cutter is trying to pull the vinyl and it uses more force then the threshold defined and this triggers the alarm. I use work around that I roll out the whole length to be cut for the sign using buttons on the control panel and this way I overcome the problem. However this is just work around, which slows me down and I'm wondering whether there is any tune up which can be done to fix this issue, or whether the motor needs to be replaced. Any comments on this issue are appreciated.

Another problem I experience is the rear sensor. I wasted tons of material when in the middle of cutting I got message "load media" and cutting stopped. I didn't figure out the way to force the cutting process to continue the cut so I always throwing out the piece already cut and starting from the start again. Eventually I realized that this is related to rear media sensor, so I just covered the sensor with the tape and I could cut no problem after that. Again this is just temporary work around and I would like to fix the issue. I think that this is not probably faulty sensor, because the problem would still present, even the tape covers the sensor and it wasn't. Is the any suggestion I should try or where I should look to fix this issue?

Thank you very much in advance for your tips and suggestions.

Robert

CS-SignSupply

Hi everybody,

I bought used used Graphtec FC7000-160 cutter. It works general very well apart from two issues.

One issue is that when I use a new roll of vinyl (50 feet) I get X axis error in a middle of cutting when cutter is trying to pull media. I understand that this is happening because when the cutter is trying to pull the vinyl and it uses more force then the threshold defined and this triggers the alarm. I use work around that I roll out the whole length to be cut for the sign using buttons on the control panel and this way I overcome the problem. However this is just work around, which slows me down and I'm wondering whether there is any tune up which can be done to fix this issue, or whether the motor needs to be replaced. Any comments on this issue are appreciated.

What software are you cutting from?? Some have an option to prefeed (as does you cutter in the menu system). If set to 3ft, for example, the cutter will cut the first 3 feet of the job and then pause and prefeed 3 more ft... then take off cutting where it left off.

Another problem I experience is the rear sensor. I wasted tons of material when in the middle of cutting I got message "load media" and cutting stopped. I didn't figure out the way to force the cutting process to continue the cut so I always throwing out the piece already cut and starting from the start again. Eventually I realized that this is related to rear media sensor, so I just covered the sensor with the tape and I could cut no problem after that. Again this is just temporary work around and I would like to fix the issue. I think that this is not probably faulty sensor, because the problem would still present, even the tape covers the sensor and it wasn't. Is the any suggestion I should try or where I should look to fix this issue?

This can be resolved by covering the sensor as you stated or even pushing the ENTER button on the cutter to bypass the error as long as you know there is vinyl in place.

robsonr

What software are you cutting from?? Some have an option to prefeed (as does you cutter in the menu system). If set to 3ft, for example, the cutter will cut the first 3 feet of the job and then pause and prefeed 3 more ft... then take off cutting where it left off.

This can be resolved by covering the sensor as you stated or even pushing the ENTER button on the cutter to bypass the error as long as you know there is vinyl in place.

Thank you CiberSupply for your help.

I'm using signcut pro for cutting. It doesn't have option prefeed, but it has option of testfeed, where it feeds whole lengths of the sign to be cut and then rolls it back. It is not ideal, but better then me manually doing the same.
Is this known issue with FC7000 cutters?

I didn't know that I can continue cutting after pressing enter. I will certainly test it. At least I don't have to waste material. Still, I have to ask same question as above. Is this kind of normal behavior, or I should try cleaning sensor, or feed material different way or something to eliminate this problem?

Case

Firmware needs to be 1.80 or higher to be able to resume cutting after it has jumped off of the sensor.... You will need to upgrade your firmware if it does not give you the option to continue/resume cutting....

Case

robsonr

Firmware needs to be 1.80 or higher to be able to resume cutting after it has jumped off of the sensor.... You will need to upgrade your firmware if it does not give you the option to continue/resume cutting....

Case

Thank you for your tip. I was on v1.62, so I upgraded it to latest v2.10. I will test it over the weekend.

robsonr

I just tested it today and it does show option to continue, which is perfect. Thank you everybody for your help.