• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-75 problem: too much force required to cut on left side. Help!

RG

My FC7000 has worked flawlessly for the past 7 years. But, now it looks like the party is over. I cut only 24" vinyl and all of a sudden it takes much more force (pressure) to cut on the left side (as you face the plotter). On calendered vinyl it takes a force of 14 to cut a 1" square on the right side and weed it easily. When I cut a 23" row of 1" squares using a force of 14 the first 10 or so squares weed easily. Then weeding becomes more difficult. About 6" away from the left side pinch roller weeding becomes impossible. If I change the force (pressure) to 24 all squares week easily, but the knife cuts into, but not all the way through, the backing paper (on the right side) for the first 10 or so squares. When applying the vinyl, after masking it, some of the cut paper backing tends to stay with the vinyl and not release as it should. Has anyone out there ever had this happen before and found a fix for it? If so, please enlighten me. Thanks!

RG

Thanks for the input, but I really don't think its the cutting strip. This happened all of a sudden. I have never had a problem with cutting all the way through the backing paper. Shouldn't the cutting strip ware of the right side first, where it is used the most?

RiXaX

I've replaced my cutting strip with one I made from sandblast rubber and it works fine. I use my machine for making pounce patterns, so I replace it every three years.

RG

Any other suggestions? I replaced the cutting strip yesterday and it made no difference--the cutting depth still becomes more shallow at the knife cuts to the left side of the vinyl. I tried a new knife holder and that made no difference, too.

omgsideburns

Is there a loose connection? Did something get bumped out of whack? It's been a while since I've looked at the service manual or opened mine up so I'm not sure if there's an adjustment for keeping it parallel, but you might want to measure and see that the rail is parallel to the platen.

RG

Thanks for your input, omg. I don't think there are any loose connections, but I will take the cover off and look at the big ribbon cable. It could have been bumped or the carriage could have struck something. I attached a micrometer the best I could and it looks to me like the carriage stays parallel to the platen.

Attachments

• Micrometer.jpg
    Micrometer.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 102