Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC7000-75 problem: too much force required to cut on left side. Help!

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by RG, Jul 29, 2013.

1. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    My FC7000 has worked flawlessly for the past 7 years. But, now it looks like the party is over. I cut only 24" vinyl and all of a sudden it takes much more force (pressure) to cut on the left side (as you face the plotter). On calendered vinyl it takes a force of 14 to cut a 1" square on the right side and weed it easily. When I cut a 23" row of 1" squares using a force of 14 the first 10 or so squares weed easily. Then weeding becomes more difficult. About 6" away from the left side pinch roller weeding becomes impossible. If I change the force (pressure) to 24 all squares week easily, but the knife cuts into, but not all the way through, the backing paper (on the right side) for the first 10 or so squares. When applying the vinyl, after masking it, some of the cut paper backing tends to stay with the vinyl and not release as it should. Has anyone out there ever had this happen before and found a fix for it? If so, please enlighten me. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. gipllc

gipllc New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Sounds like a cutting strip issue to me.

3. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    :goodpost:Yep, when I had the exact same issue, I replaced the cutting strip and it fixed the problem.

I'm not 100% sure what YOUR problem is, but I would try a new cutting strip first.

:smile:

4. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Thanks for the input, but I really don't think its the cutting strip. This happened all of a sudden. I have never had a problem with cutting all the way through the backing paper. Shouldn't the cutting strip ware of the right side first, where it is used the most?

5. Richard G

Richard G Member

Cutting strip!!!!!!

6. RiXaX

RiXaX Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    I've replaced my cutting strip with one I made from sandblast rubber and it works fine. I use my machine for making pounce patterns, so I replace it every three years.

7. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Any other suggestions? I replaced the cutting strip yesterday and it made no difference--the cutting depth still becomes more shallow at the knife cuts to the left side of the vinyl. I tried a new knife holder and that made no difference, too.

8. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Is there a loose connection? Did something get bumped out of whack? It's been a while since I've looked at the service manual or opened mine up so I'm not sure if there's an adjustment for keeping it parallel, but you might want to measure and see that the rail is parallel to the platen.

9. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    Thanks for your input, omg. I don't think there are any loose connections, but I will take the cover off and look at the big ribbon cable. It could have been bumped or the carriage could have struck something. I attached a micrometer the best I could and it looks to me like the carriage stays parallel to the platen.

Attached Files: