• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-75 XP driver nightmare

Ridgeback

Hi, the above plotter is working fine on win98 via a parallel port, but when i try and install on an xp machine via usb, xp recognises a device, but i cannot seem to install the graphtec updated drivers for love nor money. all seems well on the install until after the reboot, then the install seems to fall over.

any ideas will be much appreciated.

regards.

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
FC7000 issues

What software are you using to output to the Graphtec? If you are using the plugin from Graphtec, the USB driver is on the CD that was supplied with the plotter. Remember to install the software driver first, then plug the usb up to the plotter.

P

ProWraps™

we have the 7000-130, running windows xp. works like a charm. cutmaster from graphtec with the plugin for illustrator works great. you shoulnt be having issues though. and we run the usb port. what driver version are you trying to use?

Ridgeback

OK, had another go, still no luck. When i plug in the usb plotter windows says "a device has malfunctioned, unrecognised device". It doesnt seem to make any difference whether i try and install the driver first or after i get this error message. On the other hand windows does recognise the plotter and driver via the add printer wizard.
:help:

woolly

i think with the latest cutmaster the plotter must be set to GP-GL, but think you may also have a computer issue as well.

woolly

oc63rag

Contact Graphtec's tech support. They are really good and will stay with you on the phone as you work through the steps. Every issue I've had has been resolved by them.

Ridgeback

thanks guys for your imput. i was thinking along the lines of computer issues as well. my next step will be to try and install on another xp pc and see what happens.
ive also tried graphtec support but didnt have the same pleasant experience as you. maybe i caught him on a bad day. may try again.