• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 cutting artworks randomly

whatsinaname

I am having a 3-4 seperate artworks of around 6 x 6 inches to be cut on a 2 feet wide vinyl. But when I cut them on my Graphtec FC7000 using Felxi Pro 8.1 or cutting master pro, each artwork is cut randomly in small areas. The plotter cuts a part of 1st artwork, then it reaches out for the 4th artwork in the series and then comes back to the 1st artwork and so on.

I need each of the artworks to be cut in a sequence and not randomly in parts. I have tried the data sorting options (speed priority and restrict media movement) in flexi and also the data alignment setting to ON on the plotter but that is of no help. Has this got something to do with the Graphtec, Flexi or the way those artworks are created in Illustrator?

Thnx

DRamm76

Are all of these items grouped together? If you like you can send me the file and I'd be more than happy to take a look at it for you. I would suggest that rather than to have you reset your preferences on your machine or software.

Who sold you the machine? Did you contact your dealer?

whatsinaname

Hi DRamm, I hv sent a PM with the link to the file. I got this plotter from a local graphtec dealer..Pretty dumb support guys..couldn't do much..This forum is the last hope that I hv..

Thnx again for the helping hand.

Are all of these items grouped together? If you like you can send me the file and I'd be more than happy to take a look at it for you. I would suggest that rather than to have you reset your preferences on your machine or software.

Who sold you the machine? Did you contact your dealer?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are all of the images in one file? If so, then they will cut exactly as you describe.

If you want to cut each image completely before proceeding to the next then you need to put each image in its own file. Then send all of the individual files to Production Manager and nest them.

Regardless, if all of the images are being cut from a single piece of media then what possible difference could it make how they cut?

Pro Image

As long as it cuts all the images correctly then whats the worry............

Casmate used to have a sort object button but that is long gone........

DRamm76

The file is completely fine. You would need the optimized cutting order feature to be selected to have it cut in a certain order. I do agree with the above comments. As long as the file cuts perfectly, why the issue? Some cutters do that but still get the job done